Space cleansing is not just important to do if you do any energy work but is a must in your own home to clear it of any negative or residual energy. Any building can absorb energy which can often be negative and it will affect the energy of anyone who is occupying the space; often making you feel drained and lethargic. So if you’re lacking in energy yourself, read how to cleanse your space below.
When should you space cleanse?
- After you remove clutter
- After an argument
- When you move into a new space
- When people move out (renting/students)
- After a relationship breakup or divorce
- After illness or death
- When you buy second-hand furniture
- Anytime you need a fresh start or change
- At least twice a year
- When you feel someone has been negative in your space (even in your car)
- When you go away
- Mattresses hold energy; cleanse the bed and the room
- Your healing couch after you have done healing on a client
What tools do we need?
- Pendulum cage
- Copper Pipe
Preparing to Energy Cleanse
If you are just clearing your own space before a healing you can light sage to smudge into the corners or use tingshas in all corners of the room as explained and demonstrated in my Cleansing Crystals video. Or, alternatively, you could use a crystal spray to spray in all four corners. Any of these are really effective and will clear the energy really quickly. It is the intention that is the most important. You could also use tingshas in a circular motion as I demonstrated in the crystal clearing video to clear your healing couch or even a chair if someone has been sat it in.
If you wish to take this a stage further and charge for house clearing, you need to be more thorough. However, please be aware that you must be properly grounded, centred and protected before you do this and it is recommended that you have some experience of working with energy before you even attempt it. Often people work in pairs for safety and maybe also to ensure that someone more experienced is working with someone doing it for the first time.
- It is advisable to do just one room at a time
- Make a plan
- All rooms will be different shapes and sizes so adjust accordingly
- Make sure you cover every nook and cranny
- Clear the room first and then the furniture
- Make sure you do inside cupboards as well
Energy Cleansing Technique
- Using a cage with a crystal inside; preferably clear quartz, walk the line as indicated making sure that you cover the whole room.
- When you find a dense energy spot, the crystal pendulum will circle until it clears it. Once cleared, the cage will return to neutral swing; forwards and backwards.
- When you have cleansed the whole room, go into the first corner and use your sound implement. This can be clapping hands, bells, tingshas, rattles or anything that makes a loud noise to disperse negative energy. Repeat exercise to other corners.
- After sounding, use your smoke implement. This can be incense or a sage smudge stick. Use in all four corners, going upwards from the bottom of the corner in circles.
- After sound and smoke, put a small pot of rock salt in each corner to draw in the negative energy. Leave for approximately 3 days then put the salt back into the earth. Never put it down sinks or toilets as you will be transferring the energy somewhere else.
- Open a window if possible.
- Light a tea-light or candle making sure that it is safe
- Blue to bring calmness
- Pink for love
- Green for balance
- If you don’t have coloured candles, you can use coloured holders for the same effect
Tips for Cleansing Inside Space
- Use exactly the same technique for offices, workspaces and homes.
- Cleanse individual furniture pieces by holding the cage pendulum over the item, wait for the neutral swing (forwards and backwards) and if there is negativity present it will circle until it clears.
- Always deeply cleanse second hand furniture, even if you know where it came from.
- If you know that someone is visiting, cleanse your chairs before they arrive and when they leave and, if staying overnight, the bed that they sleep in.
- If you share living and sleeping space with someone who is ill or grumpy, make sure that chairs and bed are checked regularly.
- Be mindful when you are staying in hotels etc. Although you cannot use smoke, you can still cleanse beds and chairs using sound, crystal water spray or your cage pendulum. You don’t know how many people have left their energy in the bed and the room. This can often be why you may experience disturbed sleep when you stay in a hotel or a strange bed.
- Everything holds energy. Even when you receive a gift from someone it will be imbued with their energy, the thought they put into it when buying it and the handling it until you receive it.
- You can cleanse ornaments; nothing is bad once it’s cleansed.
- Clear quartz will absorb energy; you can put some by your TV, laptop etc.
- This all may sound very excessive but if in doubt check it out. You can always ask in your pendulum if a room or space needs clearing.
Tips for Cleansing Outside Space
- When doing a house clearing, you need to do outside as well.
- You can make a plan if you wish and cleanse the whole garden.
- The main problem areas with some buildings tends to be lie around the perimeter of the building. These are called ‘portals of energy’ in other words gateways for energy.
- Outside space is checked in exactly the same way as indoors; you walk the area with your cage pendulum and it should be in neutral swing if energy is positive. Do what you can get access to; it will still help.
- If you find a negative spot, it will circle until it clears, just the same way as indoors.
- You can use sound, smoke and salt in the area as well if you want to but it is just as effective to put a piece of copper pipe into the ground where you found the imbalance. This will deflect the negative energy away from the house/building.
- If you cannot push pipe into the earth near the building, put it into a plant pot containing soil and leave near the area. Check how long to leave it for with your pendulum.
- Copper pipe is also excellent for deflecting energies thrown off by pylons or radio masts.
If you only clear the main rooms that you live in regularly, it will really make a difference; you don’t need to do the whole house and outside too often. Try it and I’m sure it will make a massive difference to your own energy.
I absolutely love cleansing my energy space and do it every time I send energy so the rooms I spend the most time in are cleansed at least once every day and my favourite way to do it is with my tingshas, sage or incense. I also light lots of candles and have salt lamps to absorb the negative energy. It really gets me in the zone when I do my reiki and is so calming.
I have some lovely smudge sticks available in my online shop and I deliver to the UK, USA & Canada & Europe
If you have never space cleansed give it go! I’m sure you will love it!
Love Jan xx
Want to learn more?
My brand new Indigo Soul School has lots of bite sized spiritual courses. You will absolutely love it!
Click on the button below to find out more.