What is a Pendulum?
A pendulum is a balanced weight suspended by a chain or thread and is simply a means of visually checking what the unconscious mind already knows. The pendulum is an extension of our inner senses and is communication with your higher self. Some people believe, as I do, that we can also invite our guides and Angels to help us with pendulum readings and you can learn pendulum dowsing in 3 easy steps.
Dowsing with a pendulum has been around for many years and is fixed in folklore as ‘an old wives tale’. Many women tied their wedding ring onto a piece of thread and held it over their palm to determine the sex of their unborn child. In many cases what the women were actually doing was using their sixth sense as a way of guiding their sub conscious mind.
- Have you ever had a gut feeling that something was going to happen?
- Have you ever known someone would be calling before the phone rang?
- These are all things that we call gut feelings; little voices or intuition. In a proper state of mind we can access information that is not available to use through our conscious mind.
Pendulum dowsing allows us to access and develop our intuition. First you try to get to the state of relaxed concentration then, by asking a carefully worded question, you open a ‘channel’ of communication and receive the information that you seek. Your body amplifies that signal and displays it through dowsing tools and pendulums.
Anyone can learn to dowse but to become an expert in this field you must practice, practice, practice.
Once you learn the basics of pendulum dowsing, a whole new world opens up to you. You can dowse food for allergic reactions, use your pendulum as a healing tool, use it to clarify situations or to put your mind at ease.
Pendulums come in many shapes, sizes and materials. Once you find the special one for you do not let anyone else use it or you will not become fully attuned to it. Some people like to own several pendulums and use them for different purposes but this is not necessary; it is entirely personal preference.
Always make sure that your pendulum is cleansed before and after use
This can be done in a number of ways. I find sound is the quickest and most effective method and I use tingshas (Small symbols which clear the energy by sound vibrations).
How to Dowse
It is most important that you are grounded and protected before you start to dowse with a pendulum because the pendulum represents an extension or your sixth sense and, in order to develop this skill fully for yourself, you need to be able to detach yourself from the situation unlike when you are dowsing for another person where you have no emotional involvement. There are many methods of grounding such as walking outside, visualising roots growing out of your feet into the ground like a tree, eating and drinking etc.
A good way to make sure you are not influencing the pendulum in any way is to say out loud in your thoughts “Please give me an answer unbiased by my own conscious thoughts”
- Selection & Attunement
- Choose the pendulum that you are most attracted to
- Secure the chain around your finger
- Hold the pendulum in your left hand and cup your fingers around it
- Continue to hold the pendulum in your cupped palm for as long as you feel you need to
- Once you have done this when you first get your pendulum, you do not need to do this every time you use it but do make sure you clear it of any residual energy when dowsing for someone else other than yourself (see above).
- If you would like to you can ask to connect to the Universal life force energy of love and light and then welcome your guides and Angels of 100% light only. I tend to do this at the start of the day and ask them to be with me all day whilst I am working as I do a lot of dowsing through the day.
- Holding the pendulum steady, ask it to show you “YES”
- Your pendulum will swing in a straight line or in a circular motion. Make a note of how it moves and if it swings side to side; forwards and backwards, or in a circular motion. If it makes a circular motion, note whether it is clockwise or anti-clockwise.
- Ask your pendulum to show you “NO”
- To test it ask a question that you know is definitely a right or wrong answer such as “Is my name Nellie (wrong name)?” as opposed to “Is my name Janet (your correct name)?”.
3. Be Specific
- Always be really specific with your questions and keep them as simple as possible
- Always ensure they can be answered with a YES/NO answer. You can also ask for numbers as well, such as “How many questions am I allowed to ask?” Ask each number and then look to see what response you get.
Always remember that destiny can change and if it is an ongoing situation you are asking about, it may be best to check from time to time. The more you work with your pendulum, the more confident you will become so practice, practice, practice.
Want to Learn More?
Read my BLOG – 8 Top Tips to Pendulum Dowsing here…
Sign up for my free pendulum dowsing workshop on the link below:
Love & Blessings